Times change, more and more men are moving away from the clean-shaven look – beards and stubble are now “in” – with no sign of stopping.
For those who choose to move with the times by growing a beard or designer stubble, you’ll require an essential grooming tool for intermittent trimming, styling, and maintenance.
And, if looking well-groomed when the time calls is important to you, then the Panasonic I-Shaper ER-GD60 Trimmer is a fantastic buy, because this award-winning trimmer offers you the 3-in-1 convenience of styling, trimming, and shaving all in one tool.
It comes with just a couple of really useful attachments, designed to make your beard styling and maintenance accurate and easy.
The innovatively shaped handle of the Panasonic I-Shaper and the angle of the precision blade offers superior, balanced styling, performance, and convenient handling to let your creative juices flow.
With a generous 20 adjustable cutting lengths you’re equipped with superior length control, and the detail attachment allows you to reach difficult areas for precise styling and edging.
Panasonic I-Shaper 3 in 1 Trimmer Features
You’ll notice that the handle and cutting blades are shaped “weirdly” compared to your run-of-the-mill electric beard trimmers and shavers, it kind of reminds me of a Stanley Knife – I think perhaps that’s where the designers got some inspiration.
Most beard trimmers follow the same design of a rectangular handle with a horizontal row of cutters at the top. Sure, this old design works – it’s been working since the 50’s – but you sometimes find that you have to contort your wrist to reach certain areas of your face, and because of the position of your hand, your view in the mirror is obscured and you can’t see where you’re trimming very well.
Panasonic turned convention on it’s head when they designed the I-Shaper.
Panasonic have done a great job with the unique design of the I-Shaper, in that your wrist is always in a comfortable position and you get a much better view of the area you’re trimming. It truly deserved the Pure Beauty Gold Award for this innovative design that provides you so much more control over styling your beard.
The aforementioned detail attachment feature of the Panasonic I-Shaper covers the blades, allowing you to choose how much of the blades are exposed, giving precise styling of your beard, even in areas that are hard to reach with conventional shaped beard trimmers – such as under the jaw, neck, chin, and sideburns.
The reduced size of the trimmer teeth makes edging of stubble very easy, and the straight 35 mm length portion of the blade allows you to create precise lines to craft the perfect beard.
The ergonomic trimming attachment provides 20 varied cutting lengths between 0.5-10 mm (easily changed using a length setting wheel) provides total control of the thickness, or depth of your beard.
The Panasonic I-Shaper allows you to have a dry shave without using gel or foam, if required, which is extremely gentle on the skin. The edges of the fixed blade are rounded and wide so that the contact of the blade with the skin is minimal. The blade features very narrow gaps, which prevents the skin from entering, to protect the skin from nicks while maximizing hair slicing.
The product as a whole is not waterproof, so be careful around sinks and baths full of water.
The blade of the Panasonic I-Shaper trimmer head is durable, made using Japanese technology, and is washable and operates under running water.
The durable blade is very long-lasting and lasts for around 3 years without requiring replacement. Cut hairs can be washed away after use and oil applied for easy maintenance, keeping your trimmer in top form.
Just 1 hour of charging the trimmer gives around 50 minutes of usage and you can use the Panasonic I-Shaper trimmer both cordless, as well as with a cord.
The 3-in-1 Panasonic I-Shaper trimmer comes with 2 attachments – one for trimming and the other for detailing, a charger, a bottle of oil, a cleaning brush and a velvet carry pouch.
Technical Specifications of the Panasonic I-Shaper Trimmer
- Dimensions: 263 mm (h) x 81 mm (w) x 20 mm (d).
- Cutting Length: 0.5 mm-10 mm.
- Charging Time: 1 hour.
- Usage Time: 50 minutes (with 1 hour of charge).
- Comes with 2 washable heads.
- Long-lasting durable blades made with Japanese technology.
- Life of Blade: 3 years.
- Comes with 2 attachments – detail attachment for edging the areas that are hard to reach and for styling, and the trimming attachment that allows enhanced control of the cutting length while trimming.
- Can be used with or without gel or foam.
- Shaving in dry mode.
- Features a charging and battery LED indicator.
- Trimmer can be used anywhere in the world due to worldwide voltage.
- Can be used both cordless and corded.
- Equipped with a travel lock.
- Included Accessories: Cleaning brush, blade guard, charger, styling guide and travel pouch.
Pros and Cons of the Panasonic ER-GD60 I-Shaper Trimmer[alert-success]
- Awarded Gold “Best New Male Shaving and Beard Product” at the Pure Beauty Awards 2017
- Strong cutting power without snagging.
- Blade of the trimmer made with Japanese technology that is very gentle on the skin yet strong cutting power
- 89% of users rated this trimmer with 4 or 5 stars out of a 1 – 5 star rating system
- Unique design of handle and position of blades provides unparalleled control and ease of use
- Quality manufacturing processes and materials form a trusted brand in beauty care
- Blade positioned vertically at a 90-degree angle, handling of the trimmer can feel quite awkward at first. Takes some time to get used to the tool after years of traditional trimming
- Not very well-suited for a full-face close shave.
- The charging cable is quite long, heavy and cumbersome
- Some maintenance required – cleaning and oiling of blades
The I-Shaper is an excellent trimmer that gives you precise trimming, styling and shaving results. With the 3-in-1 Panasonic I-Shaper being so versatile and having such a unique and functional design, it’s no wonder that it has won the Gold Award for the “Best New Male Shaving and Beard Product” – its testament to the products performance – which is further backed by rave reviews.
If you have a beard or stubble that you care about, this is the garget for your grooming toolkit.
Image credit: www.barbedudaron.fr