Gentlemen, let’s admit it. Hairless bodies and arms aren’t just for the women. These days, most men are as self conscious as women about their body hair, because gone are the days when springy, abundant chest hair was deemed sexy and the “caveman” look was for “real men”.
Don’t get us wrong, a lot of men still rock the “au natural” look and it’s all a matter of personal choice, but for those of you who spent months working on your six packs and lean muscular bodies, you’ve put in too much effort to let them be covered by a carpet of hair, right?
Well, clear the stage for “manscaping”, or the act of body grooming. If you have lady friends, then you probably already know the horrors of waxing. The feeling of hot wax being applied to your skin and then a wax strip being ripped off isn’t the most pleasant feeling in the world, or the most ideal way to remove body hair.
And God help you if your salon attendant isn’t having the best of days.
So how then do you get that flawless, hairless look, at home?
The Right Tools
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to spend hours at the spa to de-hair yourself. It’s more than doable in your bathroom at home, and no, it isn’t a messy or painful affair when done right. So where do you start? By getting the right tools for the job, of course!
Today, there exist a variety of methods using which you can shave off your body hair. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Shaving: The most popular choice, you can simply choose to use a razor to shave off your body hair, especially if you’re going for the clean shaven look. You can use straight, disposable, or safety razors to get the job done, choosing to either go “wet” or “dry” (with and without shaving cream, respectively). However, this method can sometimes result in hair ingrowth, leading to uneven, bumpy skin. Also, if you’re someone with sensitive skin, this may not be your best option. Oh, and if you’re lazy, because shaved hair grows back the quickest, compared to hair removed using other methods, so that means more effort in maintaining the look.
- Trimmers: Electric trimmers are for those who don’t want to end up looking like the boys in One Direction. This device lets you shorten hair without giving you a clean shaven look.
- Waxing: Yup, waxing isn’t just for the ladies anymore. As mentioned before, hot wax is applied to the body surface and then pulled off using a cloth or paper strip, taking your unwanted hair along with it. To its credit though, hair takes longer to grow back when waxed, as compared to trimmers and razors.
- Sugaring: Similar to waxing, “sugaring” uses sugar instead of wax and at a lower temperature, resulting in less pain. This method shrinks your hair follicles naturally.
- Epilation: Hair’s a removed by mechanically operation tweezers, usually attached to a hand help device. But this can be really painful and time consuming, especially on thick hair, and is not recommended for men.
- Chemical Procedures: Chemical procedures like electrolysis (more commonly known as “laser treatment”) and depilatories are also options. However, these are more permanent options, as both involve killing your follicles, to an extent. And then there’s the use of hair removal creams, which do work well on removing male body hair, but the chemicals can be quite harsh, and a real problem on broken skin.
We’re pretty sure most of these sound unsavory right now, or like just plain “too-much-effort and sore”. So don’t fret yet, men, because there’s another specific tool invented just for you to be able to take off that hair. And here’s where we introduce you to body groomers – in particular, Philips special line of body groomers for men’s skin and hair types.
Philips Body Groomers?
Yes, body groomers. These wonder devices are built specifically for you to be able to groom body hair. Similar to trimmers but more customized for close, overall, body hair removal, body groomers are the perfect tools to get the job done, resulting in a painless, quick and efficient process with the desired results. These devices don’t irritate the skin and can even be used in sensitive areas. You even get to save on the cost of a shaving cream because you can use body groomers with or without shaving cream.
So which body groomer is the right one to consider buying?
The “Philips Series 1000 BG105 Body Groom”
The Philips Series 1000 Body Groomer is designed specifically for body hair grooming and even better, comes with a skin protector that doesn’t irritate your skin and lets you groom sensitive areas, getting a shave as close as 0.5 mm without direct contact between the blades and your skin, and all for a worthy price of 15-20 pounds. The 3 mm comb on the groomer allows you to groom your hair in any direction, allowing you range and reach.
It’s an entry groomer, but don’t let that fool you, because this really is a excellent product – just look at the features…
Special Philips BG105/10 Features
- 3 mm comb that lets you groom bi-directionally.
- Compact and ergonomic design for easy grip.
- Skin protector that guards your skin and prevents skin irritation.
- 100% waterproof, meaning you don’t have to worry about getting it wet in the shower.
- Allows for both dry and wet shaves.
- Battery-powered, so no “tangled cord” problems or limited areas of use.
- No need for blade replacement and is thus perfect for long term use. This also makes it a great investment for its price!
- Attached trimming comb that lets you trim your hair consistently to a length of 3 mm.
- Shower cord for easy storage.
- Easy to clean and use.
- Worldwide guarantee of 2 years.
- No need to use oil.
- Suitable for private area grooming (take extra care)
- Great reviews and feedback from current users.
- Battery Included.
It’s the age of the “metrosexual man”. An increasing number of men are opting for the clean-shaven look, and not just on their faces. Body grooming or “manscaping” isn’t something to be embarrassed about anymore and is something that is quickly being embraced with open, hairless arms. Products like the Philips Series 1000 Body Groomer make this task easier and quicker, giving you the best results with minimal effort when compared to most other products or methods of shaving
So bid goodbye to the “caveman” look and skip the “hairy” situations. Impress with that clean shaven body now, with the help of the proven Philips Series 1000 BG105/10 Bodygroom!